The ASUS Pegasus 4S comes with enough screen real estate to perform tasks like reading and watching movies, and while there are many smartphones out there sporting more or less the same features, it’s the first smartphone from ASUS to come with a full-screen display and 18:9 aspect ratio.
The smartphone was announced in China recently and puts the company on the ever-growing list of OEMs that have long smartphones with minimal bezels and full-screen display. It’s not all beauty, though, as the Pegasus 4S packs enough internal specs to compete favourably with high-end smartphones in the market.
ASUS Pegasus 4S Review
The ASUS Pegasus 4S comes with Zen UI which is built on version 7.0 (Nougat) of the Android operating system.
Design & Display
The smartphone has a 5.7-inch FullView display with 2.5D curved glass and 720 * 1440 (HD+) pixel resolution. An 18:9 aspect ratio gives the user 12.5% more screen to utilize than any ASUS smartphone has ever done.
The smartphone has a metal unibody attractive design and has a sleek, premium look and feel to it. It features a fingerprint sensor on the rear and minimal bezels on all four sides. It is 8.8 millimetres thick and is a bit handy at 160 grammes.
Memory & Performance
The Pegasus 4S is powered by an unnamed octa-core processor which is clocked at 1.5GHz. It will be available in two memory variants, the first with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory, and the second with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Both are expandable up to 256GB via microSD.
A 16MP primary camera shares the rear of the Pegasus 4S with an 8MP secondary camera and a LED flash which functions for image illumination. The secondary camera offers portrait mode photography, and both can be used to apply professional effects like background blur to images.
An 8MP camera is also present at the front of the smartphone for taking selfies.
Battery & Connectivity
The ASUS Pegasus 4S packs a 4130mAh battery which is capable of more than 24 hours of battery life on a single charge. It has a dual-SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE networks. It is also compatible with FM Radio.
ASUS Pegasus 4S Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Zen UI.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 152.6 * 72.7 * 8.8 mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Display size: 5.7 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1440 * 720 pixels (HD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~401 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black and Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: n/a.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: n/a.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB storage.
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP + 8MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: n/a.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4130mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 6, 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is ASUS Pegasus 4S?
The ASUS Pegasus 4S will go on sale later this week and will be available in Black and Gold colour versions.