Smartphones are essential for everyone nowadays, and misplacing your phone is not a big deal. If you are an iPhone user, then you must have heard about the “Find My iPhone” feature which helps you to track the location of your lost or misplaced device. You can also lock your iPhone by using this feature. But what if I tell you that you can also ring the iPhone even when it’s in a silent or Do Not Disturb (DND) mode.
Yes, you can do that, and this article will show you the steps you need to take. But before this can be done, make sure that your iPhone has an internet connection and also you will need to set up and activate the “Find My iPhone” feature on your phone.
How you can find your lost iPhone?
1. Visit this link on your PC or Mac whichever you can work with.
2. Go ahead to log in your Apple ID and password
3. Once that is done, you will get to see a list of devices that are connected to your Apple account.
4. Select the iPhone you want to search for from the listing
5. Afterwards, you can take a look at the map that will be made available. Don’t worry, the map will appear automatically and starts zooming in and pinging the location of your phone.
6. After that, you can see the ‘Play Sound’ option at the bottom of the screen. You will need to click on that button.
If all the steps above are carried out correctly and your iPhone is connected to the internet, then your lost iPhone will start playing a loud sound.
You can then go ahead to track down the sound and then turn it off when the device is found.