This article is a continuation of our previous article how to stream world cup, and other sports matches free for all those who don’t want to go through the stress of phone location changing apps, VPNs and hunting channels using Kodi. This method which requires subscription fee is worth it.
1. Using StarTimes App
The StarTimes app is one of the best apps for streaming the world up. With HD quality pictures and excellent commentary, you can stream the world cup on the go. The StarTimes app can be used by those who don’t have a decoder as the can download the app and sign up. Viewing the world cup requires ₦1,000 Glo recharge card loaded on your phone (instead of ₦1,500) one-time subscription for a month which also allows you to stream other channels.
It seems like StarTimes has a deal with Glo which enables users to subscribe to StarTimes data bundle worth 2.5gb for ₦1,000 (regular data plan is 1.6Gb). Those with StarTimes Decoders can still connect their subscriptions and enjoy. With live streaming per match taking about 200MB – 250MB, that can last about 10 Matches.
All you have to do is credit your Glo SIM with ₦1,000 worth of airtime download the app, sign up if you are a new user or sign in if you are an old user, touch the advert on StarTimes On section, select Video + Data, Then Month and touch Buy then Pay, And accept the Glo popUp. Or, Click the Me option, Go to StarTimes On Subscription, Click on Subscription, Under Video + Data select Month, Click on Buy then Pay.
For users with start times decoder, touch the Me option (bottom left), Go To Decoder Subscription, click Link and fill in the details.
Here are all the benefits you are entitled to when using StarTimes App
- StarTimes App providing LIVE streaming service of 100+ LIVE TV channels, exclusive LIVE football matches (2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ghana Premier League, ICC, Ligue 1) and online videos, plus TV guide of all 400+ channels on StarTimes’ digital TV platform.
- 100+ LIVE TV channels anytime, anywhere! (The number might vary according to your location)
- Catch up on the most popular TV shows, sports, news, movies, series, music, kids, documentary
- High-quality online videos of entertainment, movies, series of love, mystery, romance, comedy, action, Kungfu, etc.
- European Qualifiers, plus news of EPL, La Liga, AFcon and other sports such as Boxing, NBA, Cricket, Rugby, Tennis, Formula E, etc.
- Full 9-day TV Guide and set timely reminders to plan your watching
- Digital TV service in Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, South Africa, Guinea, Burundi, DRC, Zambia, Congo, Cameroun, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, and more ongoing.
- Hollywood, Nollywood, Bollywood, Telenovela, Yoruba movies, Chinese Kungfu movies, Bongo movies
- Series: “On the Wings of Love,” ”Sweetest love,” “Be My Lady,” “Along Came Love,” “Dream of Love,” “Sweet Love,” “Kumkum Bhagya,” “Lying Heart.”
- International Channels: AMC MOVIES, AL Jazeera, E-Stars, NGW, POP, Disney Channel, FOX, NGC, BBC World News, France 24 F, Nickelodeon, etc.
2. Using Kwese iFlix App
Kwese iFlix app allows you to stream the world cup matches in both free and VIP mode (cost N1,000 monthly, there is also daily mode). Download the app, touch Menu icon by the top left side and select live. All the live matches will be listed there. The free mode produces a low-quality picture though, and you will have to pay for VIP to enjoy high quality.
3. Using DStv Now App
DStv now is meant for those on with DStv decoders and on active DStv subscription. DStv allows you to connect us to 5 devices to your smart card to stream from anywhere. So if you have DStv subscription or knows a friend who does, here is your chance to connect your device using their app and stream the world cup watches on Super Sports Channels.
To Use the DStv now app;
- Click “Register” in the top right corner of now.dstv.com or dstv.com.
- Enter a username, your e-mail address, and a password.
- Click “Sign up”
- You will then receive a verification mail that will arrive in the inbox of the e-mail address used for registration. You need to click on the link, which will automatically log you into the site that you registered on and you will now have a verified Connect ID that will allow you access to a host of DStv functionality, including access to DStv Now.
- Now Download and open the DStv now app.
- Enter username and password and Login
- Link your smartcard, and you are good to go.
4. Using Kwese TV App
Owned by tech investment guru Strive Masiyiwa, Kwese TV like DSTV now is meant for users on active Kwese TV subscription only. Without the Kwese TV decoder, you might as well stick to the StarTimes App. Kwese has rights to stream FIFA world cup, and it is made available to all users. The Kwese TV app is open to all active Kwese TV subscribers, allowing you to watch all Kwese channels (excluding the Discovery channels) on your smartphone or tablet at no extra cost.
After downloading the app;
- Goto Kwese.com/register
- Click on existing customer
- Enter the mobile number you used to register for you Kwese subscription
- Enter Kwese Account Number sent to you when you first registered on the Kwese platform (begins with 234000) or Serial Number.
- Click next
If you do not have an AR number, you can phone Kwese Call Centre on 014407312.
Have any app you are using to stream the world cup that we should know about? Let us know by using the comment box.