Shortly after the release of the Aqua A4, Intex has launched the Intex Aqua Crystal+, its latest budget smartphone in the Aqua series. The Aqua Crystal+ is the only successor so far to the Aqua Crystal which was unveiled earlier in the year.
Intex Aqua Crystal+ Review
The Aqua Crystal+ operates on a stock Android OS 7.0 Nougat, a significant upgrade to its predecessor which runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Design & Display
The Intex Aqua Crystal+ is very similar to the Aqua Crystal in terms of design. It sports a 5-inch display with 296 ppi pixel density in a 2.5D glass with metal edges and capacitive buttons at the bottom.
It has the volume rockers and power buttons placed on the right edge while the SIM Slot is situated on the left edge. The Aqua Crystal+ weighs 140.2g and has dimensions of 140 * 71.2 * 7.4 millimetres.
Memory & Performance
The Aqua Crystal+ operates on a 1.25GHz quad-core 64-bit MediaTek MTK6737 SoC processor paired with ARM Mali-T720 GPU. The Aqua Crystal+ comes with a 2GB RAM and 64GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The Aqua Crystal+ isn’t lacking in photography requirements as it comes with a 5MP camera upfront with a f/2.2 aperture with fixed focus for selfies and video chats. On the rear, there is a 13MP autofocus lens with dual LED flash support. Camera features include Face Beauty, HDR and Panorama modes amongst others.
The Intex Aqua Crystal+ is packed with a 2100mAh capacity that can deliver up to 250 hours of standby time and 6 hours of talk time.
Connectivity & Hardware
The smartphone supports 4G LTE networks with VoLTE functionality. It comes with a hybrid dual SIM setup with one micro-SIM and one nano-SIM/microSD slots. It comes with OTG support but is however not equipped with a fingerprint sensor.
Intex Aqua Crystal+ Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 140 * 71.2 * 7.45 mm.
- Weight: 140.2g.
- Display size: 5.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: 296 ppi.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MTK6737.
- Processor Speed: 1.25GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-T720.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD expandable up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gravity Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, OV13858 sensor, Autofocus.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2100mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: VAS apps including LFTY, Tap N Buy, QR Code Scanner and Vdioplay.
- Launch Date: May 11, 2017.
- Availability: May 11, 2017 [Exclusive to Amazon.in]
How much is Aqua Crystal+ in India?
The Aqua Crystal+ is priced at Rs 6,799 in India. It comes in Black colour and is available exclusively from Amazon India, like its predecessor.