Meizu, a Chinese Consumer Electronics Firm, has launched a new smartphone, the Meizu M5 in India five months after it was launched in China. The Meizu M5 packs amazing features which have it effectively competing against other smartphones in its category.
Meizu M5 Review
The Meizu M5 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and comes with a Custom User Interface, the FlyMe OS.
Design & Display
The Meizu M5 has a cool design as it comes in a PolyCarbonate body with a 5.2-inch, HD 2.5D curved glass display. It has an mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. It’s interesting to know that the fingerprint sensor can unlock the smartphone in 0.2 seconds. With a weight of 138g and dimensions of 147 * 72.8 * 8.15mm, the Meizu M5 is simply cool.
Memory & Performance
The Meizu M5 is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 processor armed with a Mali T860 GPU. It comes with a 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and a 32GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage with expandable memory up to 128GB with the aid of a microSD card to give users a lag-free experience.
This smartphone is not lacking in the optics as it sports a 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection-auto-focus (PDAF) and a 5MP camera upfront.
The Meizu M5 packs a 3070mAh non-removable battery. The battery is sure to last for more than half a day on heavy use, but you might need to plug it in for about two hours to get a full charge, due to the absence of fast charge.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Meizu M5 comes with a Hybrid Dual SIM setup that supports the 4G LTE network. Other connectivity features include Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS/GLONASS, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Meizu M5 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE
- SIM Type: Dual standby Nano + Nano / microSD Slot.
- SIM Count: Dual Hybrid SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: FlyMe OS.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 147.28 * 72.8 * 8.15 mm.
- Weight: 138g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: PolyCarbonate Unibody.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Champagne Gold and Sapphire Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.0GHz A53).
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860 GPU.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, expandable up to 128GB available.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 5P lens.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3070mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Launch Date: May 15, 2017.
- Availability: May 15, 2017.
How much is Meizu M5 in India?
The Meizu M5 is priced at Rs. 10,499 and is available for purchase exclusively from Tatacliq.com. The smartphone comes in Champagne Gold colour and a beautiful Sapphire Blue colour.