The Indian arm of the Motorola company has launched a new smartphone, the Motorola Moto G5S at an event in the country. The Moto G5S comes in the Motorola Moto G series to succeed the Motorola Moto G5 which was launched less than eight months ago in the same country.
The Moto G5S is a high-end smartphone with features common to its parent series and the general design of Motorola smartphones. For the first time in many launches, many people believe that Motorola has gotten it right with the pricing and the smartphone will provide a serious competition in its category in the market.
Moto G5S Review
The Moto G5S runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box, providing its users with the latest software features and functions present in the Android operating system. Seeing that it’s a high-end smartphone with notable specs, it’s safe to say that the G5S will receive an update to Android 8.0 Oreo in the future.
Design & Display
The Moto G5S is designed in the way many other Motorola smartphones are designed: slim with a physical home button below the display at the front, the volume rockers and power button on the right and a curved back panel slightly with antenna lines running through it horizontally to allow for easy grip, complete with the Motorola logo in a depressed side part of the body.
The smartphone comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 * 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The smartphone has water repellent nano-coating like other phones in its series, weighs just 157 grammes and is 8.2 millimetres thick.
Memory & Performance
The new Moto smartphone is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor that can work at speeds up to 1.4GHz, just like its predecessor, the G5. Its graphics are also powered by the same Adreno 505 GPU.
It has 4GB of RAM and packs 32GB of onboard storage which can be expanded up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The Moto G5S sports a 16MP camera with a f.2.0 aperture and features like Phase Detection Autofocus and 1080p video recording at the rear to take pictures brightened by a dual-tone LED flash.
It also sports a 5MP camera with a f/2.0 aperture and LED flash at the front for taking selfies.
The Moto G5S packs a 3000mAh battery which on its own can last for almost a whole day before needing a recharge, and has Motorola’s Turbo Charging which ensures that the smartphone charges up very fast.
Connectivity & Hardware
The G5S comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE networks. It has Bluetooth 4.2 LE and NFC for communicating with nearby devices and interfaces, and GPS for tracking and determining location.
A loudspeaker is present at the bottom of the smartphone, and it has a fingerprint sensor embedded into its physical home button.
Moto G5S Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: n/a.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: n/a
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 150 * 73.5 * 8.2 mm.
- Weight: 157g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design
- Protection: Corning Gorilla glass 3.
- Colours: Lunar Gray and Fine Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 430 (MSM8937) Mobile Platform.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505.
- RAM: 4GB .
- Internal Storage: 32GB internal memory.
- External Storage: expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- f/2.0 aperture
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes, bottom-ported.
- Audio Technology: .
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Turbo Charging.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: August 29, 2017.
- Availability: August 30, 2017.
How much is Moto G5S in India?
The Motorola Moto G5S will be available in Lunar Gray and Blush Gold from 12:00 A.M. on the 30th of August for Rs. 13,999. The phone can be bought only on Amazon India for now, but will be available from offline smartphone stores in India later.