Oppo has been on a “selfie-focused” smartphone trend, and the latest addition to the list is the Oppo F5. Check out the review.
OPPO F5 Review
Out of the box, the F5 runs Android OS version 7.1(Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
Design & Display
A 6-inch full HD screen is on the F5 with 2160 x 1080pixels resolution protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
It sportss a unibody metal design with on-screen navigation buttons, and a fingerprint sensor on the back, weighing in at 152g.
Memory & Performance
The F5 comes in two memory sizes, the 32GB and 64GB versions. The 32GB version packs a 4GB RAM, while the 64GB is accompanied with 6GB of RAM, with both of course, expandable with microSD cards of up to 256GB, more than enough to store all your data and media.
Its processes are run on a 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 processor.
Not often do we have a phone having its selfie camera bigger than its primary camera. But, so is the case here, with a 16MP camera on the back and a staggering 20MP selfie camera with advanced facial recognition technology for beauty shots, and unlocking the phone.
The F5 is powered buy a non removable 3200mAh battery, enabling long term use even with high-end processes running.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Oppo F5’s is capable of 4G VoLTE mobile connection, and a Wi-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n adapter. It also has bluetooth 4.2 support.
OPPO F5 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed:
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Dual Stand-by)
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat).
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm.
- Weight: 152g.
- Display size: 5.56 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2160 × 1080 pixels(HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~402 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Colours: Gold, Black and Red.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali G71 MP2.
- RAM: 4 / 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB (4GB RAM) / 64GB (6GB RAM) internal storage.
- External Storage: expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/1.8 aperture
- Lens: 20MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: .
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3200mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: .
- Launch Date: November 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is OPPO F5 in Nigeria?
The F5 is priced at around $307 (approx. NGN115,000)