Imagine being in a position where you need a certain at a desperate time but it’s nowhere to be found on your phone.
Maybe it was infected by a virus or a corrupted SD card. These situations call for something that can help you recover the lost data and get you bouncing back.
There are a lot of tools out there that can fit into this category, but the best must be able to recover a file, text messages, videos, photos because sometimes you might have deleted them accidentally.
If you are a Mac user, then you need Disk Drill, a software from CleverFiles can help you solve this problem.
If you are trying to get rid of your phone and you want to erase your data from the phone, it is the same software that can help you do that. It has a straightforward recovery process. This is one of the best recovery software you can have on your Mac.
How to use Disk Drill?
- Download and install DiskDrill for macOS
- Halt every operation on your device. Because the more programs are running, the more data are being written; This would make the recovery process tedious.
- Now, connect your smartphone to your computer
- After connecting, your device should be detected as a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) device.
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone
- DiskDrill will need deep access to your smartphone than other apps. You also need to root your device before going through the recovery procedure.
- After rooting your phone, open the DiskDrill software on your Mac and click on the ‘Recover’ button and the software will scan your phone
- Once the scan is completed, you will browse through your files even the ones that have been deleted
- Next, select the files you want to recover, then hit the ‘Recover’ button and the files will be extracted to a folder of your choice.
Note: There is no limit to the number of times this process can be carried out. It can be done as much time as you want. This software is not limited to Android smartphones but can be used on computers.
It has a friendly user interface that looks like a file explorer on a smartphone. The only constraint is that you must root your phone. On the bright side, all the files you need can be recovered.
DiskDrill also allows you to save the scan session to enable you to pick up from where you left off. It has a feature that allows you to sort files by hidden, non-hidden and also the files you are looking for (pictures, video, audio, and document).
However, DiskDrill comes in two packages, the free version allows you to make a scan of your device and it makes sure that it’s possible to recover the files you want but restricts the recovery process, while the pro version allows you to complete the recovery process.
Put, the free version helps to check whether the files you want to recover is on your device while the Pro version completes the recovery process.
Check it out and give us your feedback and thoughts by using the comments section below.