In this era where the bezel-less trend is gaining grounds in the smartphone scene and bezel-less devices are blooming, the Ulefone Mix 2 (an Oukitel Mix 2 lookalike) from Oukitel keeps the trend going. Read on to see what else the Ulefone Mix 2 is offering asides a bezel-less display.
Design & Display
The Ulefone Mix 2 comes with a glossy rear cover which Ulefone says is resistant to scratch. Also, the device is further beautified on the rear by the fingerprint scanner and the dual camera and dual LED flash. The placement of these components on the rear is probably to give more room for the display without increasing the device’s dimension.
The device comes with a HD+ display with a pixel density of 282 ppi. The display has a size of 5.7 inches and is covered with a curved scratch-resistant 2.5D glass. Though the display may look bezel-less but on actuality, it isn’t. The device has a screen-to-body ratio of 77%.
The screen size and quality is just the perfect size for movie lovers, readers who love reading eBooks on big screen and big screen lover in general.
The Ulefone Mix 2 runs on the Android v7.0 Nougat operating system. There is no information from Ulefone as to whether the device will run the Android Oreo OS or not.
Performance and Memory
The Ulefone Mix 2 has 2GB of RAM to run operations of applications and multitasking smoothly and 16GB of internal storage to store multimedia and documents.
Under the hood, there is a Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor which runs at a clock speed of 1.3 GHz. The built-in memory can be expanded to 128GB using the SIM 2 slot as the SD card slot.
The Ulefone Mix 2 has a tri-camera system; two on the rear, one on the front. The dual camera on the rear is a 13-megapixels and 5-megapixels sensor combination while there is a single 8 Megapixels lens on the front that can be buffed up to a resolution of 13-megapixels through software interpolation.
The Ulefone Mix 2 has a non-removable 3,300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery as its power house. The device’s battery has a time standby time of 280 hours and 14 hours of talk time duration.
Ulefone Mix 2 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface:
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 152.5 mm x 71.6 mm x 8.9 mm
- Weight: N/A
- Display size: 5.7 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1440 * 720 pixels (HD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~282 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Plastic body.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black and Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6737
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 4 (Quad-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: Dual 13MP + 5MP
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual LED flash
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Geo-tagging, Scene Mode, Panorama, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, Face Detection
- Lens: 8MP (interpolated to 13MP)
- LED Flash: Not available
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3,300mAh.
- Battery Technology: Lithium Polymer
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: October 10, 2017.
- Availability: October 18, 2017.
How much is the Ulefone Mix 2?
For as low as $109, you can own a unit of the Ulefone Mix 2. That is approximately NGN 40,000