ZTE has announced the ZTE Blade X Max, its latest smartphone in the Blade Series. The announcement is coming just days after another smartphone, the ZTE Blade Max 3 was announced in the same series.
ZTE Blade X Max Review
The Blade X Max a mid-range smartphone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat which is the latest version of the Android operating system available at the moment.
Design & Display
The Blade X Max flaunts a rather large LCD display with a 6-inch size and Full HD (1920 * 1080 pixels) resolution. It comes with a fingerprint scanner which is placed directly below the rear camera.
The Blade X Max weighs 196g and is 9.4 millimetres thick. The smartphone has a metal unibody design and its display is protected with DragonTrail Glass.
Memory & Performance
The ZTE Blade X Max is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor and comes witha 2GB of RAM and 32GB internal memory which is expandable up to 128GB via an external microSD card.
The Blade X Max is designed to give users a satisfactory photographic experience as it flaunts a 5MP front camera for selfies and video chats. On the rear, there is a 13MP camera with LED flash support.
The Blade X Max packs a non-removable battery with a 3400mAh capacity. The phone supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 fast charging technology which gets your battery from 0% to 50% in just about 30 minutes.
Connectivity & Hardware
The ZTE Blade X Max comes with 4G LTE network connectivity and GPS for location tracking. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth v4.2 LE.
ZTE Blade X Max Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: 4G LTE.
- SIM Type: Micro SIM.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 165.1 * 83.06 * 9.4 mm.
- Weight: 196g.
- Display size: 6.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: Dragontrail Glass.
- Colours: Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 435 processor (4 x Cortex A53 1.4GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 1.1 GHz).
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505 GPU.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD expandable up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: Autofocus.
- Lens: 5MP.
- Screen Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Dolby Audio.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS/GLONASS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: No
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3400mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Ion
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.
- Launch Date: May 12, 2017.
- Availability: May 19, 2017
How much is ZTE Blade X Max in The U.S?
The ZTE Blade X Max is priced at $149.99 in the U.S. (roughly equivalent to Rs. 9,600). The smartphone is available in offline and online stores belonging to U.S. network carrier, Cricket Wireless.